The Bargaining Team met this morning with the Company to ask detailed questions on the Comprehensive Package we received late yesterday afternoon.
There are easily 35 retrogressive items in this package which include the following:
- Increased Cost Share for Medical Benefits
- Freezing Pensions and moving employees from the Traditional and Cash Balance Plan to the BCB2
- Removing Watermarks in Employment Security
- Removing Watermarks in Article 43
- Double Time payments after 9 hours instead of 8 hours in all applicable articles
- Increase in road miles for transfers, travel allowances and moving expenses from 35 miles to 50 miles
- Elimination of Card Check
- Elimination of Successorship
- Diminishment of our language in Electronic Monitoring
- Eliminating unlimited sick days for employees with 25 years or more of service
- No significant improvements for DTV employees
The Company offered a wage increase of 2% for each year of the contract. When asked to explain the rationale for a 2% increase the response we received was that 2% is better than ZERO.
Despite the Company’s assurances that they are working with the Union to reach a fair agreements their stance at the table suggests otherwise.
Mobilization efforts are key at this juncture in bargaining.
Thanks to Locals 2302, 2108, 2002, 2222 and 13101 for all your cards of support.
Your Bargaining Committee
Mary Ellen Mazzeo
MOBILIZE MOBILIZE MOBILIZE
Make sure you’re signed up to receive news and updates via text message by texting the word LegT to 69866.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, with photos from your Mobilization actions.