CWA members across the country are working through bargaining and legislative action to protect good jobs, quality health care and a secure retirement for working families.
But these cornerstones of the middle class are being eroded.
One of the biggest threats to working families is the continued outsourcing of our good paying jobs. Shipping jobs to low-road contractors and overseas has become just another corporate business decision without regard for the impact on workers and communities across our country. CWA is fighting back, and holding legislators accountable in their promises to stand up for our families by fighting for fair trade agreements, creating incentives to companies for domestic production, and investing in the critical jobs important for our future – in the green economy and other sectors.
Workers are paying more for health plans that deliver less coverage and over half have no employer-sponsored retirement plan at all.
Medicare and Social Security are constantly under attack by Wall Streeters who want to shift the risk of affording health care and retirement to seniors.
Information and resources are provided here to assist CWA members in the fight to preserve quality benefit plans and secure a healthy future for all workers.
Health Care Bargaining
- Sample Retirement Plan Data Request
- Rules of Thumb for Pension Bargaining (Factsheet)
- Recent Trends in Pension Bargaining (Presentation)
- Retirement Plan Design Comparison (Factsheet)
Understanding the Affordable Care Act
- "ABCs of the ACA" from the Alliance for Health Reform
- How Employers Twist the ACA to Harm Workers (Presentation)
- Excise Tax on High Value Plans (Factsheet)
- Employer Mandate (Factsheet)
- ACA Cheat Sheet for Bargainers (Factsheet)
- Self-Insured, Fully-Insured, and Grandfathered Provisions of the ACA (Factsheet)
- Kaiser Family Foundation searchable FAQs on the ACA