AT&T Legacy T Bargaining
The Company presented the following this morning:
- The Agreement (the change of dates)
- Article 1 – Recognition (added Appendix A and USVI Addendum)
- Article 2 – Collective Bargaining (carry forward – no change)
- Article 14 – Safety – Company Proposal 2 - withdrew elimination of Safety Committee & change to language on training
- 1989 Provisions (5) Voluntary Overtime – Ohio and C&P pg 376 (carry forward – no change)
The Bargaining Team met with the Company this afternoon to receive their 2nd OUTRAGEOUS proposal on Article 19:
- Freezing Pensions on Traditional & Cash Balance Pension Plans and moving those affected employees to the BCB2 Plan
- Reducing cost share in 2019 to 31% while keeping 2020, 2021, & 2022 at 32% cost share for current employees, 2009 new hires, & 2012 new hires. 2015 new hires & 2018 new hires will remain at 32% throughout in their plan
This 2nd proposal took the company over a month to pass. The movement from proposal #1 to proposal #2 is so miniscule that it is insulting to the entire rank and file.
Remember, the company’s net profit in 2017 was 29.3 billion dollars. That equates to 80,273,972 dollars a day including Holidays (that’s like you winning the Powerball every day of the year).
We will continue to work towards a fair and just contract for all.
Your Bargaining Committee
Mary Ellen Mazzeo
Mobilize Mobilize Mobilize
Make sure you’re signed up to receive news and updates via text message by texting the word LegT to 69866.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, with photos from your Mobilization actions.