For up to date news and annoucements on Human Rights please click here.
The National Committee will:
- Provide guidance and information to the districts and locals on the CWA Civil Rights and Equity program.
- Keep the national Executive Board informed about civil and human rights issues that affect our members and communities, and when necessary offer a course of action.
- Research, report and make recommendations to give direction to the convention delegates on current civil and human right issues.
- Work along all sides of the CWA Triangle.
Major Program Goals
- Work to fully integrate civil rightsissues with core work of the union.
- Increase grassroots activity on civil rights issues.
- Increase community visibility of CWA Civil Rights and Equity program.
- Improve communications between CWA Civil Rights and Equity office and locals and activist.
- Aggressively seek CWA representation in grassroots civil rights organizations that share our common goals.
National Civil Rights and Equity Committee Members
* Chair, Civil Rights & Equity Committee
Civil Rights and Equity District Coordinators