The PRO Act Means More Power For Union Members
When workers organize, mobilize, and strike together we can build power and win the wages, benefits, and working conditions we need and deserve. But that can be extremely difficult when our current laws keep the balance of power tilted in favor of CEOs and the super-rich.
The problem is, when CEOs and the 1% hold so much power, our economy and laws stay rigged in favor of the wealthy. They get richer while our wages stay stagnant and our working conditions get worse. We need big change.
The Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act (H.R. 2474) is historic legislation that will put power in the hands of workers and reverse decades of legislation meant to crush unions. The bill will completely change labor law as we know it and shift power away from CEOs to workers.
The House of Representatives may vote on the PRO Act soon, so we must push our Members of Congress to do the right thing and support this bill.
Sign the petition to tell Congress: Put Power in the Hands of Workers. Support the PRO Act.
The PRO Act Will:
- Protect strikes and other protest activities. The bill will make it illegal for employers to permanently replace striking workers and make secondary strikes and boycotts legal.
- Make it easier to bargain. The bill will eliminate obstacles for workers to get their first union contract.
- Help strengthen protections for workers forming a union. The bill will establish compensatory damages for workers and penalties against employers when they fire or retaliate against workers for forming a union.
- Prevent the misclassification of workers as independent contractors.
- Deal a blow to “right-to-work” laws.
- And much more!