Health Care & Retirement Security
CWA members across the country are working through bargaining and legislative action to protect quality health care and a secure retirement for American workers.
But these two cornerstones of the middle class are being eroded.
Workers are paying more for health plans that deliver less coverage and over half have no employer-sponsored retirement plan at all.
Medicare and Social Security are constantly under attack by Wall Streeters who want to shift the risk of affording health care and retirement to seniors.
Information and resources are provided here to assist CWA members in the fight to preserve quality benefit plans and secure a healthy future for all workers.
Health Care Bargaining
- Sample Health Plan Data Request
- Health Account Comparison (Factsheet)
- UFW/CWA Insurance Fund - Union Health Coverage Option
- Sample Retirement Plan Data Request
- Rules of Thumb for Pension Bargaining (Factsheet)
- Recent Trends in Pension Bargaining (Presentation)
- Retirement Plan Design Comparison (Factsheet)
Understanding the Affordable Care Act
- "ABCs of the ACA" from the Alliance for Health Reform
- How Employers Twist the ACA to Harm Workers (Presentation)
- Excise Tax on High Value Plans (Factsheet)
- Employer Mandate (Factsheet)
- ACA Cheat Sheet for Bargainers (Factsheet)
- Self-Insured, Fully-Insured, and Grandfathered Provisions of the ACA (Factsheet)
- Kaiser Family Foundation searchable FAQs on the ACA